Dec 30, 2009 sms transfer
How to use Windows Mobile ActiveSync
This page contains information on ActiveSync – The connectivity product for Microsoft Pocket PC / Windows Mobile devices.
1.What is ActiveSync?
Activesync logoActiveSync from Microsoft, is the control centre for data exchange between the desktop PC, and Windows Mobile / Pocket PC devices. It supports synchronisation of Contacts, Calendar, Email, Tasks and Notes with MS Outlook.
2..ActiveSync also handles the following:
* Document conversion for Pocket Excel, Pocket Word and Pocket Access
* Synchronisation of Email folders between Outlook and Inbox
* Synchronisation of files and audio/video
* Exchange of Internet favourites (plus cached content)
3.ActiveSync is available as a free download from
User guide of ActiveSync:
1. Install the latest version of ActiveSync
2. Connect your Windows Mobile device to the PC using ActiveSync – Depending on the device you have, this will be with USB, Bluetooth or Infrared.
3. If this is the first time you’ve connected, you may be prompted to set up a partnership. Select “Standard partnership”, and run through the wizard. You may want to untick all of the Synchronise options for the time being.
4. When connected, ActiveSync should report that it is connected, and display the Partnership name.
If your PC is running Windows Vista or Windows 7, your synchronization settings will be managed through the Windows Mobile Device Center.